Saturday 20 June 2015

Third Day at TADIKUM (Khar Ching)

Third Day Of Social Engagement (Khar Ching)
            
            Times really flies, it was the last day of our volunteer activities for Social Engagement. This time, we spent our time with the children at the Tadika Universiti Malaya (TADIKUM). It was nerve-wrecking for me as I have no experience with children. I cannot escape the reality as I had to face this challenge.
            
           That day, we walked to TADIKUM and we spent about 15 minutes walking there. Once we reach there, we were welcomed by the teachers that were teaching over there. They greeted us with a bright smile. While waiting for the children to arrive, we make some preparations.

            
            After preparation, we spent our time accompanying and teach the children. I was in the same group with Chiau Yen and Yee Lin who were in charge to take care of the four years old children. Now is the most nerve-wrecking moment! When we went into the classroom of the four years old children, I was scared as I had nothing to say to them and I felt so embarrassing when I talked in front of them =.=. Well, I just faced it bravely.



            Firstly, we taught them drawing. Some of them were very shy to approach me until I held their hand. After finished drawing, I asked them to color the pictures that they completed by connecting the line. There was one naughty boy that did not want to give the pictures to the others to color. I advised him until he cooperated. It was so funny because the animal picture they colored was so colorful. After drawing and coloring session, we took a break while waiting the children to finish their tea time.

After their tea time, we had an Origami session with the kids. We taught them the ways to fold the Origami. After completing the Origami, I gave the children each and let them play with it. This really tested my patience and limits as the children were really loud and noisy. Here is the picture during the Origami session:



After Origami session, we had our lunch break. After we finished our lunch, we went back to TADIKUM and we help the children wear the Taekwondo shirt as they had to practice Taekwondo after their nap. They were so adorable when they wore the Taekwondo shirt! When they were doing the Taekwondo practice, we had to help the teachers to organize things.


After that, it was time for us to say goodbye with the children and the teachers over there. Before we left, we had a final photo session together to cherish the memory of us doing the volunteering jobs there. We also gave the souvenirs to the children to make them happy and as ‘thank you’ sign for giving us their cooperation when we were teaching them. Our final picture:


Goodbye, Tadika Universiti Malaya (TADIKUM)! J

Thank you for talking with me, children, you made me brave and confident when facing all of you. J

No comments:

Post a Comment