Tuesday 16 June 2015

Memories at Zoo Negara and Tadikum (Part 2) - Enrick Ong

Memories at Zoo Negara and Tadikum (Part 2) - Enrick Ong

On my second day in zoo, I decided not to become a cameraman anymore. What was the fun of being a volunteer in Zoo Negara if you are not doing volunteering job? That is what I thought. Therefore, on our 2nd day there Nabilla replace me and play the role of a cameraman. She was in charge of taking the pictures while I join the other members in the zoo volunteering job. This time, I was assigned to do volunteer at the aquarium site. Therefore, my whole day as a volunteer was spent at the aquarium. Once we reach there, we cleaned up all the leaves behind the aquarium. After that, we help the zookeeper to prepare the food for various types of fishes inside the aquarium. For example, we have to open up the clamp and cut the vegetables. When feeding the fishes, we have to feed the fishes according to the menu that was listed down on the wall. I realize that, different kind of fishes eat different kinds of food. Besides that, the zookeeper also explained about all species of fish to us. Because of that, we were able to learn a lot of knowledge about the fishes. Although doing volunteering job in aquarium is tiring, but we were really satisfied and happy as we had a chance to prepare food and feed those fishes.

 

The third day we went to Tadika University Malaya (TADIKUM) to do our volunteer job. This was also my first time becoming a teacher in a kindergarten. Teaching those kids was really fun but at the same time very challenging. The kids were shy towards me at first. As time passes by, they warm up to me and started to talk a lot with me and have fun with me. Over there, I enjoy teaching them coloring, doing Origami and playing games. Besides that, it was really challenging especially trying to stop the kids from making any noise. After becoming a volunteer there, I learned how to communicate with kids and be a teacher which was not an easy job. Because of that, I realize how great a teacher is.



As a conclusion, although the volunteering job was really tiring, but we do learned a lot of lessons and skills that will be useful to us in future. I really felt thankful to Dr. Zalfa who always guide us and care for us while we are doing the social engagement activities. Besides that, I am really grateful to the Zoo Negara staff and Tadikum teachers who allow us to carry out our social engagement activities there. Lastly, I would also like thank to all the members in my group for working so hard together. Without teamwork, our social engagement project won’t finish that early. Thank you!   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment