Monday 8 June 2015

Memories at Zoo Negara & Tadikum Part 1 (Enrick Ong)



Memories at Zoo Negara & Tadikum Part 1 (Enrick Ong)

What is social Engagement?  2 months ago, I had no idea what we are going to do with this course. As I know this course is compulsory for all UM students and everyone have to fulfill 30 hours by doing volunteering job. After I joined the social Engagement activities, I realized that social Engagement activities is not an activity to join just to fulfill the credit hours, instead we can gain a lot of knowledge and useful skills that could be apply into our daily life.  11 of us ( Me, Nabilla, Aishah, Zhi Lun, Zi Huey, Khar Ching , Chiau Yen, Siva, Jiah Yee, Yee Ling and Catherine was in the second group that is supervise by Dr Zalfa. We went to Zoo Negara and Tadika University Malaya to do Volunteering job.


The last time I visited Zoo Negara was 6 years ago. This time, I went there to take part in the volunteering job. I’m really excited about it, because this is the first time I take part in zoo volunteering program. The first day, I was the camera man for our group. Therefore, my job is taking pictures of all the group members while they are doing their jobs. My job may look easy that is taking photo but in truth it is not really as easy as you think. In fact, it was really tiring for me as I have to go to 2 different places to take pictures, since our group was separated into 2 different working places. I have to go to 2 different places back and forth to take pictures.  Besides that, my other responsibility was to keep the members valuable things like wallets, laptops and phones. Therefore, I have to put all those stuff in my bag and carried them all the time. Even though it was tiring, I really had fun when I was taking pictures of the other members while they are cleaning the animals’ cage and feeding the animals. I wish I was inside the cage along with my other members so that I could capture their pictures up close. Unfortunately, the Zookeeper only allows me to take the pictures from outsides for fear I might disrupt their work. Here are some of the pictures I took on my 1st day in Zoo Negara as a cameraman:





No comments:

Post a Comment