Tuesday 16 June 2015

Second Day At Zoo Negara (Khar Ching)

Second Day At Zoo Negara (Khar Ching)

      The sky started to get brighter as the sun greeted us, there goes another day of Social Engagement! What a refreshing morning we started by doing the activities of Social Engagement! It was really a healthy lifestyle to do the volunteer job so early in the morning. Once again we departed at the same time as the first day from our residential colleges. Our drivers were Zhi Lun and Jiah Yee. 

            After one hour, we arrived at Zoo Negara. There wasn’t much changes over there, as it was impossible for the zoo to update their facilities on such a short time which is one week (since the first day we go to Zoo Negara is on previous one week from now), hahaha. Same things, we need to listen the briefing from the staffs and wait for the jobs to be distributed by them.

            Ok! I along with Yee Lin, Sivanesh, Enrick and the other accounting girl are in a group. Five of us are in charge of doing the jobs around and inside the aquarium site. We all had the things or sub-tasks that we need to fulfill. My sub-task was cleaned all the glasses of the aquarium. Well, this job sounds easy, but it is not as easy as you think. I lost count of how many glasses I had cleaned over there, because it is just TOO MUCH! =.= When I was almost done with my work, I felt very dizzy. What a weak girl I thought... But after I rested, I felt much better.

            After I have done my work, I meet up with my members, I saw them helping the zookeeper to pry open the scallops and took out the scallops. While busy accomplishing their task, I helped them to be a camera woman to and record the video or snap pictures when they were doing their job.   Here are the pictures. Persons inside were Yee Lin, Enrick, accounting girl, and Sivanesh.


 Scallops: 


      After this, we had a rest at the cafe and after that, we were assigned to another task which was feeding the fish! Yeah, I am so excited with this because I have never experienced this. We followed the zookeepers to take the food that have been prepared earlier to feed the fishes! We make sure that we took sufficient foods for the fishes. It was very amazing to have a chance to feed the fishes! We threw out the foods to the fishes! Here is the picture:


       We learned that we have to feed different foods to different kind of fish! Thanks to the zookeeper that told us the new knowledge! Finally, we meet up with the other teammates that were in different group with us and after that, we went back. Goodbye, Zoo Negara! If I have chance, I will visit you again!




No comments:

Post a Comment